Are you going through a hard time and you are looking for motivational quotes for hard times?
Do you feel like giving up because life is giving you the opposite of what you desire? Then, you need to read this!
Hard times are trying period when nothing works, and all efforts to live a better life are fruitless.
The floodgates of unfavourable events during hard times will make one feel like the world’s most unfortunate person.
Trying times can be so discouraging that a series of negative thoughts won’t stop running through one’s mind, which could eventually lead to suicide if it persists for long.
Unfortunately, you can’t escape bad times in life. They are inevitable experiences for everyone desiring to succeed in life
However, the actions you take, the decision you make, and the things you hear or read during the mental-derailing period will determine how fast you overcome the challenges.
Hence, you need some inspirational quotes and words of encouragement to get out of your turbulent season unscathed.
Inspiring words and motivational quotes are known for their potential to lift your spirit and soul while you steadily and patiently navigate your way out of the bad days.
As part of my desire to help you overcome life’s challenges, I have selected the best 20 motivational quotes from successful people. See them below:
1. “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it”— Charles Rozell Swindoll (American pastor and author)
This is to remind you that your reaction to every situation determines your future.
Commit yourself to finding a quick and lasting solution to your problems instead of pointing accusing fingers at other people, or seeking sympathy.
2. “Most great people have attained their greatest success one step beyond their greatest failure” — Napoleon Hill (Late American author)
The highly-rated author believes you might need to fail before succeeding in life.
According to him, there’s a mysterious lesson to learn from failure. You will only discover this hidden lesson if you remain committed in your desire to be successful.
3. “Press on – nothing can take the place of persistence” — Calvin Coolidge (late USA president 1923 —1929)
Emanated from one of Calvin Coolidge’s write-ups, this is to call your attention to the importance of consistency in what you do.
Don’t quit that job due to your present situation; don’t think of killing that dream. Discover how to be more goal oriented because there is a great reward ahead. Keep pushing!
4. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail” — Nelson Mandela (Former South Africa President)
This is coming from African legend Nelson Mandela, who is urging you never to get tired of trying even if you fail.
Never get tired of starting over because your chances of making it in life is somehow proportional to how much you try.
5. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” — Mary Engelbreit (A blogger and writer)
The principle of life demands you change what you don’t like. Change your current situation by taking swift actions.
Living with what you hate signifies a lack of vision and purpose because you are satisfied with everything life throws at you.
6. “When one door closes, another door opens… “—Alexander Graham Bell (late Scottish-American inventor and scientists)
Derived from one of Alexander Graham Bell’s quotes, this is aimed at helping you overcome every setback as soon as possible.
Don’t brood or dwell on that contract that slipped off your hands. Keep working hard because another one will come your way.
7. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” — Frederick Douglass (former American orator, politician and writer)
Simply put: no pain, no gain. Until you strive to succeed, you can’t become a role model to upcoming generations.
Learn to be productive and keep going with the little strength left in you.
8. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” — Nelson Mandela (late South Africa president)
Are your trying times taking longer than you expected and you feel like giving up?
Hey! Don’t stop believing. Keep the faith alive because you’re getting closer to the end.
9. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” — Helen Keller (Late American author and political activist)
Your days of tribulations and trials will surely pass, but the experience you gained and character you developed during this period will remain with you forever.
These two features will end up providing you with diverse templates and platforms for greatness.
10. “Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” — Dale Carnegie (Late American writer and lecturer)
Failure and discouragement, the features of hard times, are signs of awaiting glory. So don’t lose hope.
11. “I’d rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.” — Robert Harold Schuller (Late American Christian evangelist, author and a motivational speaker)
Know that you are in this position because you tried something that doesn’t work. You are better than people who didn’t attempt anything in life. Let this quote encourage you to try harder next time.
12. “I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.” — Dalai Lama (Spiritual leader)
Don’t be too eager to blame others for your misfortune. Always consider the positive sides of all situations as you try to make life easier and better.
13. “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.” — Duke Ellington (late American music composer and a pianist)
Tough times offer you the opportunity to do your best and see if it’s enough to make impacts.
So, your best isn’t enough until you overcome the situation… Keep going my dear, try harder.
14. “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.”— Albert Einstein (German theoretical physicist and a Novel Prize winner)
Learn to discover the opportunity in the difficulty you’re passing through because there is always one that will change your life for the best.
15. “Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.” — Theodore Roosevelt (late USA president and a writer)
You can’t be a generational legend without passing through thick and thin. So, keep going because good times are fast approaching.
Note: A generational legend is someone whose name will always be remembered from generation to generation, even after death.
16. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” — Thich Nhat Hanh ( A Vietnamese Zen master and a Buddhist teacher)
Hope is one of the factors you must possess during this turbulent period as it will help you sense the better days ahead.
17. “… It’s just weakness to quit because something becomes too hard”— Morgan Catherine Matson (Young American novelist)
Remember that quitting too easily is not a winner’s trait. You must be strong enough to pursue your dream, not minding your present uninspiring situation.
18. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” — John Wooden (Late American basketball player and coach)
It’s our desire to know how to do all things, but it’s obviously impossible. It is better you focus on the things you know how to do — amidst your ongoing challenges — and channel all your strength towards becoming the best you can.
If you must learn a new trade or skill, ensure that it doesn’t affect your level of productivity in what you consider as your strongest potential.
19. “There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.” — Paulo Coelho (Brazilian lyricist and writer)
Trying times are unavoidable days that have one or two lessons to teach us.
20. “The best revenge is massive success.” — Frank Sinatra (late American actor and singer)
Is there anyone mocking you as a result of your present situation? The only way to respond to criticism is by becoming a better person after the overwhelming period.
Your struggles today will become your testimonies in the nearest future if you don’t give up.
So, always return to these words of encouragement and motivational quotes for hard times whenever you are down emotionally.
Photo Credit: Unsplash.com